Whilst enjoying the occasional take away is perfectly fine, making it a regular habit can be damaging not only to your body but to your funds! That’s why I have brought you a healthier, and in my opinion more delicious version of Fishy Friday. With the variety of flavours, it’s sure to pack a punch but most importantly, you can put this meal together within 30 minutes!
I know how hard it can be to consume your five, ten.. fifteen (I’ve lost count) a day especially if you’re not a fan of the greens! I’ve shared with you one of my favourite vegetable dishes, which is bursting with flavour, and isn’t drenched in water – Because let’s face it, who likes soggy, boiled vegetables anyway! Keep me posted with all your wonderful creations, using #furnersfood.
| Serves: 2 people | Time: 30 minutes | Level: Pretty simple |
- 2 sea bass fillet
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- 6 new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 1/2 bag curly kale (x grams)
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 180 fan/200 degrees.
- POTATOES: Slice the potatoes in half, place into a bowl and add the oil, chilli and seasoning. Mix well, so the potatoes are covered and then transfer to a baking tray. Place into the oven, and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- FISH: Lay the fish on two separate squares of foil, sprinkle ½ the oregano and ½ the lemon onto each fish. Then wrap them up, so the fish is totally covered, set aside.
- KALE: Put the oil, cumin and garlic into the pan, and warm for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat. Add the onion and pepper, stir well. Leave for 5 minutes, until the onions have softened. Finally, add the kale. Slightly increase the heat, place a lid on top and leave to simmer, giving it a stir every so often.
- Once the timer has finished, decrease the heat to 150 fan/180 degrees, and pop the fish into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Once the fish and potatoes are cooked, the kale will too be finished. Bring everything together on a plate, and tuck in!