Even though the winter months are setting in, I still enjoy having salad based meals for lunch. I find if I eat anything too warm and filling, I spend the rest of the day half asleep. Which is why I created this recipe for a food demonstration I did last month, I wanted provide a dish that was easy to create and suitable to take into work whilst still being super tasty! I’m confident to say, this recipe hits the spot, so of course I had to share it with you.
Serves: One person |Time: 10-15 minutes
- Salmon fillet
- 50g couscous
- Handful mint
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- tbsp olive oil
For the dressing
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Dash salt & pepper
- Make the couscous: Add the couscous, and 50ml of boiling water to a bowl and set aside.
- Make the salad: Dice the tomatoes, and cucumber. Chop the mint, as small as you can and pop to the side for later.
- Cook the salmon: Add the oil to a pan, and warm over a low to medium heat for 1-2 mins. Once warm, add the salmon. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning the salmon every 2-3 minutes to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Make the dressing: Add all the ingredients into a jug, and stir.
- Finish the couscous: Run a fork through, then add a tbsp lemon juice and a touch of extra water to ensure the couscous is light and fluffy. Finally add the salad, mix through and then place into a serving bowl and add the rocket garnish.
- Back to the salmon: About a minute before the end, pour over half the dressing and leave to finish cooking. Once it’s cooked through, add to the bowl, pour over the remaining dressing and serve!