I don’t eat granola enough, it’s so tasty right? So this recipe initially set out to be breakfast bars, but when I took them out the oven it turned out I’d not added enough coconut oil so they fell apart. I feel as though it was meant to be, because it turned out to be the most delicious (dangerously moreish) granola! There we have it, the very simple story of how this recipe came about. You can sprinkle this on anything, or just eat it alone, it’s super tasty both ways.
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 170 fan / 190 degrees, grease a baking tin and line with grease proof paper.
- Place the pecans into a paper bag, ensuring it’s sealed tight. Using a rolling pin or even a wine bottle, roll out the pecans until they’re broken down.
- Add these, along with the remaining ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine everything together.
- Pour into the prepared tin, and press down using the back of a metal spoon.
- Place into the oven, and cook for 20-25 minutes, until slightly golden brown.
- Take out the oven, leave to cool. You can then transfer to a tupperware pot, ready to sprinkle over your favourite dish!