Although Spring is on the way, it’s still cold enough for a bowl of soup. When you’re lacking in vegetables, smoothies and or soups are a great way to pack the punch in a small bowlful. This broccoli and kale soup is quick, easy and bursting with flavour. Try making this ahead of the week, for a nutritious lunch or dinner!
Serves: 1-2 people | Time: 25-30 minutes | Level: Easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1x white onion
- 1x vegetable stock cube + 250ml just boiled water
- 200g broccoli florets (I also used the stalk to reduce waste)
- 100g kale (approx 2 large handfuls)
- 100ml plain yoghurt
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, fry the garlic, onion and chilli flakes for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the pan and add the broccoli florets.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 8-10 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Now add the kale, and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a liquidiser/blender and whizz until smooth. Finish by adding the yoghurt, and blend for a further 10-12 seconds until everything is well combined.