I’m always asked for easy weekday recipes, and this recipe hits the spot. Jackfruit is such a great ingredient for everyone, it’s cheap, versatile plus a great option for meat eaters trying to eat more plants as it hold a similar texture to certain meats. This curry is just as simple, ready in minimal time. I also like to make a large batch so I can eat it during the week! If you make this do let me know, by tagging me @oliviafurner across all platforms.
- 1x onion, peeled and diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2x 400g tin fresh jackfruit, drained
- 1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Add the oil, spices, ginger and garlic to a large pan. Warm over a medium heat, until you smell the aromas. Add the onions, mix well with the spices.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Now add the Jackfruit and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes, stir at intervals to break the jackfruit apart.
- If the dish starts to dry out, add a little water to moisten.
- Take off the heat and serve, I like to have it with avocado for a lighter option but you could also add rice, tortillas etc.