- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & minced
- 1 tsp heaped wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 50 ml apple cider vinegar
- 2 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled & finely diced
- 1x 400g tin tomato
- 1x 400g tin jackfruit, drained
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large pan, along with the spices, garlic and mustard. Leave for 1-2 minutes, on a low heat.
- Now add the onion, and cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Finally, add all the remaining ingredients. Increase the heat until it starts to bubble, then lower and let it simmer.
- Leave to cook for 25 minutes, stir occasionally to break up the jackfruit.
- Once the timer has finished, it should be a rich, thick delicious sauce!
I’ve served mine with wild rice and chopped avocado, but it would also pair well with tortilla chips or alone. Take your pick!