You can’t beat a quick curry during a busy week, and this chickpea dish hits the spot. I’ve added Nush, vegan cream cheese and love the creamy texture it gives the curry! So if you’re looking for something to whip up tonight, give this a go and let me know what you think. Don’t forget to tag me @oliviafurner when you get creative in the kitchen!
Serves: two | Duration: 25-30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1x 400g tinned tomatoes + refill with water
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1x 150g pot Nush cream cheese
To Serve (optional)
- Handful peanuts
- Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in large pan on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic and ginger, and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add garam masala, cumin and turmeric. Stir in the tomatoes then water.
- Add chickpeas; stir until coated. Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 20 minutes to reduce (thicken).
- Finally add the cream cheese, stir well until it’s all combined. Then continue to heat for 2-3 minutes, until warm through.
- Serve alone or with rice, then garnish how you wish!