So this recipe might not seem very relevant to this warm weather we’re having, but I still like to have a warm meal in the evening. Whilst on my #plasticfreejuly challenge, I’ve been ensuring everything I purchase doesn’t come in single-use plastic which does have it’s challenges. I can confirm this recipe however, was totally avoid of any. It’s super simple, protein rich and makes the perfect bulk prep option! Don’t forget to tag @oliviafurner in your creations, I love seeing what you make.
Serves: 1-2 (portion size dependant) | Time: 30 minutes
- 1x onion, peeled and diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 200ml coconut milk
- Fresh coriander, chopped
- Add the oil, spices, ginger and garlic to a large pan. Warm over a medium heat, until you smell the aromas. Add the onions, mix well with the spices.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Now add the chickpeas, coconut milk and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, and reduce to the heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes, you’ll notice the sauce starts to thicken. Keep an eye out, and stir if required.
- Take off the heat and serve alone, with rice or another option of your choice!